Keep Your Eyes On the Answer
Then on the
third day Abraham lifted his eyes and saw the place afar off. And Abraham said
to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey, the lad and I will go yonder and
worship and we will come back to you. -Genesis 22:4-5
If you always
have your eyes on the answer and consider only what God said, you’ll overcome
in the end, regardless of your situation. A good example of this principle is
the story of Abraham.
Abraham’s
miracle child, Isaac, was born to him and Sarah because they “staggered not at
God’s promise. But Isaac wasn’t the fulfillment of the promise; he was just the
means to the fulfillment of the promise. God didn’t say, “I’ll give you
a son.” He said, “I have made you the father of many nations. Your seed shall
be numbered as the sands of the sea and the stars of the sky.” (Gen. 17:4;
22:17)
But in Genesis
22, God told Abraham to offer Isaac as a burnt offering to Him. Abraham would
have been in trouble if he’d been walking around saying, “I know I’m the father
of many nations because I have a son. If he had been thinking that way, he
would have responded, “Lord, I can’t do that. Isaac has to live, or I can’t be
the father of many nations.”
But Abraham was
absolutely convinced God’s promise had to come to pass. He believed that if he
sacrificed his son, God would have to raise him from the dead to fulfill that
promise. (Heb. 11:17-19). So, Abraham told the servants, “I and the lad will go
yonder and worship and come again to you.” He was saying “Both of us will go
up, and both of us will come back.” And both of them did!
Don’t take your
eyes off the answer—off Jesus and the Word—for anything, whether good or bad.
Even when your body is feeling better, don’t dwell on that. Keep your eyes
fixed on God’s promises. Say, “I know I’m healed, not because I feel good, but
because the Bible says, ‘By Jesus stripes, I was healed.”
Always keep
your attention fixed on the eternal promises of God, not on the temporal
circumstances of this world. Be fully persuaded that what God promised you will
see come to pass!
CONFESSION:
Whether my
body feels good or bad, I keep my attention focused on God’s healing promises.
Situations and circumstances must change, but the Word will never change!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment