Finishing What Jesus Began
Most
assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do
also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. -John
14:12
Jesus says we
are to do even greater works than the works He did while He walked on the
earth. How can we do the greater works? Jesus explained how: “The Father that
dwells in me, He does the works" (v. 10).
The greater One
living in Jesus did the works. Jesus always made that clear saying, “Everything
I do is My Father’s will. My meat is to do My Father’s will. I do what I see My
Father doing.”
Then Jesus
said, “I’m going to leave, but I’m going to send the Holy Spirit, the Comforter,
and He’ll live within you. Then it won’t just be Me doing the works of the
Father all alone. Thousands of believers will preach the Gospel and lay hands
on the sick all over the world. My people will do even greater works because I’m
going to be with My Father.”
In Acts 1:1,
Luke talks about “all that Jesus began both to do and teach.” Jesus began to
love and forgive people, to teach people and to lay hands on the sick and see
them recover. But He couldn’t do the job all alone, so He sent His Spirit to
empower you and me to carry on His work. He has never stopped the ministry He
began. He’s continuing through His Church today. It’s up to us to get the job
done.
CONFESSION:
I am an
ambassador for Christ. I help continue the work Jesus began: teaching people,
loving people, laying hands on the sick and seeing them recover. But it is my
Father dwelling in me by the Holy Spirit who does the work!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment