Sunday, November 19, 2023

 

The Holy Spirit, Our Teacher

But the Comforter; which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you. -John 14:26

Does God use sickness to teach us? This Scripture says that the Comforter will teach us all things. How much is “all things”? All means all! Well, if the Holy Spirit teaches us all things, how much does God reserve for us to learn through sickness and disease?

According to this verse, nothing is left for us to learn through sickness and disease. You’ll never find one place in the Bible where sickness is the teacher of the Church. It’s always the Holy Spirit who guides and teaches.

   “Well, yes.” someone might say, “but God sometimes teaches us through sickness and disease too.” No, He doesn’t. How could He teach through sickness and disease when He doesn’t have any sickness or disease to give?

Second Timothy 3:16-17 shows us how the Holy Spirit uses the Word of God to teach us:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

So, the Holy Spirit is our teacher, and God’s Word is our perfecter, corrector and instructor. The Spirit of God and the Word of God operate together in our lives to help us grow spiritually.

If we don’t take advantage of the Holy Spirit and the Word, we leave the door open for the devil to have access to our lives. And the devil isn’t trying to teach us when he attacks with sickness and disease—he’s trying to kill us!

So draw on the ministry of the Word and the teacher within. Don’t look for lessons to be learned from sickness and pain. Let the Holy Spirit take you higher to God while you enjoy His divine health!

CONFESSION:

I don’t look to sickness and disease to teach me anything. I treat them as enemies and cast them out of my body in Jesus’ name. The Holy Spirit and the Word teach me everything I need to know to walk victoriously in life.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...