Monday, November 27, 2023

 

Take Care of Your Temple

…that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. -Ephesians 6:13

Sometimes the reason we’re experiencing difficulty getting rid of sickness in our bodies is that we’ve left a door open someplace. Either were doing something wrong, or we’re not doing something right. This isn’t a hard and fast rule, because the devil will still try to attack when we’re doing everything right. But sometimes we will find we left a door open.

For instance, I was a youth minister in Colorado for about thirteen months. I lived in a couple’s home and the wife was an amazing cook. I gained about twenty-five pounds.

But then life got very busy. I had an opportunity to minister in two different schools, and I was on a flat run all the time. For a couple of months, I ate a lot of very unhealthy junk food. All of a sudden, my stomach started giving me troubles.

Now, I’m not a nervous, high-strung person. But when I tried to eat, I’d almost get sick to my stomach. My stomach just burned all the time. I had unknowingly opened the door for the devil to bring me stomach problems.

I prayed, “Lord, I’m sorry. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and I’ve been misusing it. Lord, I repent.” Then I believed I received my healing and got healed instantly.

So don’t mistreat your body and leave a door open for the devil to bring in sickness and disease. Eat right and get adequate rest and exercise. Never forget—you are the custodian of the Holy Spirit’s dwelling place!

CONFESSION:

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. I am the one responsible for taking care of it. So I purpose to eat the proper diet, get plenty of exercise and rest and allow my body to function according to God’s design.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...