Tuesday, November 28, 2023

 

Be a Person of Your Word

Thus, God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope, set before us. (immutable = unchangeable) -Hebrews 6:17-18

Hebrews 6:18 says it is impossible for God to lie. He doesn’t have the capacity to be dishonest or to fail to keep His Word. God and His Word cannot be separated.

As God’s children, we should also be people of our word. Now, sometimes a situation arises that makes it impossible to keep our word to someone, even though our intentions are good. With the exception of these extreme cases, we need to be people of our word.

If we can’t believe in our own word, our faith will never work, because faith is believing that what we say will come to pass. Our faith has nothing to stand on when our word is no good. We never know what to believe.

As humans, we often have to choose whether we’re going to tell the truth or “fudge” just a little bit. The flesh wants to rise up and say whatever it takes to keep us out of trouble. But compromising the truth even in little ways will short-circuit our faith.

In 1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul said, “I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection…” Well, if the apostle Paul had to keep his body under, we certainly do too! As long as we have human bodies, we’ll have to keep them under the control of our spirits so we can be people of our word.

CONFESSION:

I watch my words carefully and speak only the truth. Therefore, I can expect to walk in God’s best. God's Word is truth, and as I speak His words. His truth is produced in me!

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...