Friday, November 24, 2023

 

Our Family Is Cheering Us On!

And it came to pass, that as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said to him, Lord, teach us to pray as John also taught his disciples. And he said to them, when you pray, say; Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done as in heaven, so in earth. -Luke 11:1-2

Jesus’ disciples asked Him to teach them to pray. One part of the prayer Jesus taught them said, “Your will be done, as in heaven, so in earth”. You see, God doesn’t have one will for His children in heaven and one will for His children down here on earth.

Many of us have always thought that the early Church and later Church are two separate churches. No, there’s just the Church.

Then we’ve thought there are two different families of God: the family already in heaven and the family still on the earth. No, it’s just one family.

Paul wrote to the Ephesians and said, “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named” (Eph. 3:14:15) Our family members in heaven are just as real as we are. They’re leaning over the balcony of heaven, cheering us on, saying, “Go for it! Get with it, folks!”

All those great faith men and women in Hebrews 11 are watching, along with our relatives, friends and loved ones who have gone on before us. They’re all cheering us on, encouraging us to overcome every obstacle in our spiritual race. That ought to make us excited!

CONFESSION:       

I want God’s will to be done on earth, just as it is done in heaven. I know heaven has no sickness, so sickness must leave my body now in Jesus’ name! God’s healing power is continually at work in me to drive out sickness and make my body whole again.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...