One Will on Heaven and on Earth
And he said
to them, when you pray, say; Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Your
name. Your kingdom come, Your will be done as in heaven, so in earth. -Luke
11:1-2
Is it ever God’s
will for His children here on earth to be sick? Well, God doesn’t have one will
for those who have gone on to the other side and another will for His family on
earth. God’s will for His children is God’s will for all His children.
He’s no respecter of persons. He doesn’t play favorites.
You don’t plan
to be sick when you get to heaven, do you? (If you do, stay away from my
mansion!) No, there’s no sickness in heaven. Besides, sickness wouldn’t be able
to touch you even if it were there. It couldn’t attach itself to you, because
you’ll have a changed, glorified body, just like the body Jesus had when He was
raised from the dead and walked through walls. No, you’re not going to be sick
when you get up there.
"Thy will be
done, as in heaven, so in earth.” Whatever God’s will is for you up in heaven
is His will for you down here. I plan to walk in God’s wisdom while I’m on this
earth, because I know I will walk in His wisdom in heaven. I plan to enjoy
divine protection down here, because I know I will enjoy it up there. And I
plan to be healthy in this life because I know I will be healthy in the next.
If God doesn’t want us to be sick in heaven, He certainly doesn’t want us to be
sick here on earth.
Sickness is in
the world, and it does attack. It even has the bold audacity to attach to Christians. Can you imagine? But thank God, we don’t have to take it. We don’t
have to put up with it. We can rise up in the name of Jesus, and our faith in
God’s Word will run it off. Why? Because healing belongs to us!
CONFESSION:
God’s will
for me is that I walk in perfect health. So when sickness tries to attack me, I
don’t wonder whether or not it’s from God. It isn’t, and I don’t put up with it.
I command sickness to leave in Jesus’ name!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment