Jesus, Our Advocate
Therefore,
holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High
Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus. -Hebrews 3:1
The word profession
in the original Greek language is the same as the word used for confession.
First John 2:1 says, “If any man sins, we have an advocate with the Father,
Jesus Christ the righteousness.” Jesus is our Mediator, our legal
representative, our attorney.
We can better
understand Jesus’ role if we think of in terms of a big court case. God is the
judge. He makes the final decisions. Over in the far corner is the prosecutor—the
devil, accuser of the brethren. (Rev. 12:10.)
But thank God,
in our corner, we have a legal adviser—Jesus! He shed His blood to redeem us,
and now He’s the apostle and High Priest of our confession.
Thank about
this scenario. The devil whispers to your mind. I’m going to put sickness
and disease on you. Meanwhile, your Advocate is saying to you, “All right,
give Me something to work with. But, instead, you agree with your accuser, “Oh,
I’m so sick. Everything goes wrong for me. I hurt from head to toe. I’m sick
and I’m probably getting sicker.”
Jesus looks at
the Father and says, “I haven’t got a thing to work with.”
Now let’s go
back to the moment the devil whispers in your mind, I’m going to put
sickness and disease on you. Suppose Jesus, the apostle and High Priest of
your confession, checks with you and finds you boldly saying: “Thank God, by
Jesus’ stripes I was healed! (Isa. 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24.) Jesus took my
infirmities and bore my sickness. (Matt. 8:17.) I’m redeemed from sickness,
poverty and spiritual death. This is the victory that overcomes the world, even
my faith. (1 John 5:43) Glory to God!”
That’s what
Jesus has been waiting to hear. Now He turns to the judge and says, “Father, be
it unto Your child according to his faith!”
CONFESSION
The Lord is
my refuge and my fortress; in Him do I put my trust. God is my life. He heals
me from the top of my head to the soles of my feet!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment