What Do Your Words Carry?
The words of a wise man’s mouth are gracious; but the lips of a fool will swallow up himself. -Ecclesiastes 10:12
Our words
create an atmosphere. Words are powerful “carriers”; they carry faith, or they
carry unbelief. And whatever we fill our words with will directly affect our
lives.
Sit down sometime
and take a look at your life. You’ll find things you do like. But if you look
hard enough, you’ll find some aspects of your life you don’t like. Then ask
yourself, “What have I been saying about those parts of my life that I don’t
like?”
If you don’t like
where you are in life, change your words. Quit saying what you’re saying.
Proverbs 18:21 says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue…”
For instance,
have you ever said, “I never get anything from God. I tried that faith stuff,
but it didn’t work for me”? If so,
switch over to speaking words of faith: “I’ve been feeding on God’s Word for
years, and my faith is growing exceedingly. God’s Word is seed planted in my
heart, and it’s working mightily in me!”
We are a direct
result of what we’ve believed and said about ourselves in the past. So to make
sure our future is different than our past or present, we often have to go back
to the Bible and get our minds renewed and our thinking straightened out.
Once you get
your thinking lined up with God’s Word, it’s amazing how easily your believing
will line up right behind it. And after you get your believing
straightened out, your mouth will straighten out! Out of the abundance of your
heart, your mouth will begin to speak faith. (Matt. 12:34.)
You’re in good
shape when you have your thinking, believing and speaking, all lined up with
God’s Word. You’re ready for the faith-filled words to carry you straight into
a future of health and abundance!
CONFESSION:
My words are
carriers of faith. They create the blessings I live in. As I speak God’s Word,
He renews my mind, heals my body and gives me strength. God's Word works for me!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment