Thursday, October 12, 2023

 

The Problem Is With Your Mouth

Hear: for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things For my mouth shall speak truth… -Proverbs 8:6,7

Several years ago, I went to a small camp meeting in another state. While I was there, the minister in charge asked me to preach at an evening service, and I agreed. However, I was new in the ministry, so I prayed, “Dear Lord, what am I going to do?”

At that point, I taught from manuscript sermons I had written down almost word for word. So I got out my notes and found a sermon I was comfortable with. I thought, Here’s a good message. I’ll use this one.

When I got to the service, I sat reviewing my notes. All of a sudden, I heard on the inside: Your problem ins not with your faith, and it’s not with God, it’s with your mouth. When I heard that, I knew it was for someone else, not for me.

When I got up to teach, I looked at my notes. Suddenly they didn’t make a bit of sense to me. I just went blank. So I said, “All right, Lord, You win. I’m just going to start off with what You said.” So I began, “Your problem is not with your faith, and it’s not with God. It’s with your mouth.” And I preached for about an hour.

To this day, I don’t know what I said, but after the service a lady came up to me. She had driven from the other side of the state and could only stay for that one service. She said, “I’m in a life-and-death situation. I’ve been battling this physical condition for quite a while, and I’ve tried to figure out why I haven’t received my healing.”

The woman continued, “At first, I thought maybe there was some reason God wasn’t healing me. Then I thought, No, the problem is my faith. I don’t have any faith.

“But now I know where the answer is,” the woman said, “The problem is not with God, and it’s not with my faith. The problem is with my mouth. Well, I’m changing what I’m saying. And you just watch—now I’ll live and not die!”

CONFESSION:

I feed on God’s Word continually.  My words line up with what He says. As I speak the Word, I hear myself say it and my faith rises to the level of my confession.

 From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...