Return God’s Word Unto Him
“For My
thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, Says the Lord. For
as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
For as the
rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water
the earth and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower
and bread to the eater. So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth, it
shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please and it shall
prosper in the thing for which I sent it. -Isaiah 55:8-11
God’s ways aren’t
our ways. His ways and His thoughts are as far above us as the heaven are above
the earth. But God put His higher ways and thoughts into His Word and then gave
them to us. As we feed on that Word, our thoughts become like His thoughts and
our ways like His ways. How does this process take place? Only through the
Word.
Folks often
say, “Well, I tried the Word and it just didn’t work.” If the Word of God isn’t
working in your life, perhaps you aren’t returning it to Him, because He said, “[My
Word] shall not return to me void.
How do we
return the Word to God? The only way is with our mouths: “Father, I
thank You that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Thank You for sending
Your Word to heal me!”
God sent His
Word to us “as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven.” We are to take
the seed of the Word that came down to us from heaven and plant it in our
hearts. We cause that seed to grow and develop by feeding on the Word. Then we
return it to the Lord with the confession of our faith.
So find an area
in your life where the Word isn’t working. Fill your heart with God’s promises
pertaining to that need. Then turn the Word to Him by holding fast to your
confession of faith. As you do your part, God will make sure His Word will not
return void!
CONFESSION:
Father, I
don’t care what my body feels like—I’m returning Your Word to You. I thank You
that Jesus took my sicknesses and bore my pains. You are the God who heals me!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment