Go Forth With Joy!
So shall My
word be that goes forth from My mouth, it shall not return to Me void, but it
shall accomplish what I please and it shall prosper in the thing for which I
sent it. For you shall go out with joy and be led out with peace… -Isaiah 55:11-12
God is talking
here about an abundant, blessed life. I don’t know about you, but I like that!
God plans for His people to “go out with joy, and be lead forth with peace.”
This is a provision under the old covenant and we live under a new and better
covenant established on better promises!
Folks say, “Well
that’s just a blessing for the Jews.” But the Bible says we are grafted in
through the blood of Jesus.
…they which are of faith, the
same are the children of Abraham. -Galatians 3:7
If you are Christs, then you are
Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. -Galatians 3:29
Some folks say,
“Well, we’re redeemed from the Old Testament.” No, we’re just redeemed from the
curse of the law. (Gal. 3:13.) We still have a right to all the old covenant
blessings.
We have
everything the Israelites had, except the curse. In addition, we have the new
birth, the infilling of the Holy Spirit and the life, nature and ability of God
on the inside of us.
But how do all
those blessings operate in our lives? How will we be able to “go out with joy,
and be led forth with peace?” (Isa. 55:12.) God says our joy and peace will be
the results of His Word. “So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth
(v. 11).
Never
underestimate the power of God’s Word. If you want the best God has, it will
always come through His Word.
CONFESSION:
I meditate
on God’s healing promises, and joy and peace come to me. I know my Father’s
Word does not return to Him void. I speak His Word knowing it is accomplishing
in me what He sent it to do.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment