Hook Up With What God Says
Let the
words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O
Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. -Psalm 19:14
When I first
found out that you can have what you say, I just shut up for about three weeks.
I thought, If I get what I’ve been saying, I’m in trouble! For instance, when I
was in high school, I was a good driver. But, like everyone else in my family,
I drove too fast. I remember just laughingly saying, “Boy, the way I drive, Ill
never live to be thirty years old!”
I thought it
was funny back then. When I found out what the Bible said, though, I adjusted
what I said. I said, “The way I drive, I’ll live to be 125.” (Of course, I had
to change a few driving habits too!)
We all need to
stop and listen to ourselves speaking. So often we speak negative phrases over
and over without thinking. But if we ever did stop to think about it, we’d
realize, Dear Lord, that’s not what I want in my life!
If we keep
speaking the same negative things over and over, eventually we will believe
what we’re saying, and then we’ll have it. For example, I’ve heard people say, “I’m
afraid I’ll have an accident. I’m just so afraid I’ll have an accident.” Then
when they have an accident, they ask, “Why did God do this to me?”
But God didn’t
have a thing to do with it. Those people stepped into a spiritual law that
works either positively or negatively: They believed it, they said it and they
received it.
Let’s use this
spiritual law to our advantage and hook up with what God says!
CONFESSION:
I listen to
the words I speak. When I discover I’m speaking something contrary to the
Wordof God, I change it. I speak God’s blessings of divine health into my life.
In Jesus’ name, I am healed. I am whole!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment