Pray the Answer; Not the Problem
And whatever
things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive. -Matthew 21:22
I was born-again right in the middle of the Charismatic move. I visited a small full
gospel church and was filled with the Holy Spirit. I had a lot of enthusiasm
and excitement in those days, but I didn’t know a lot about the Bible.
I prayed a lot. In fact, I was constantly praying at the church late at night and early in the
morning. The pastor finally gave me my own key to the church! But I didn’t know
how to pray. Over and over, I prayed, "Oh, dear God, You see how bad my problems
are.” But if anything changed in my situation, it was always for the worse.
I had a plaque
hanging in my home that said, “Prayer Changes Things,” but I was saved, filled
and defeated. It seemed as if everything was going wrong. After a year and a
half of this, I couldn’t decide whether to throw that plaque away or just burn
it!
I finally
thought, The answer has to be in the Bible someplace. So I started
researching the Scriptures. Matthew 21:22 is the verse that got my attention.
Jesus said, “And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will
receive.”
I found the key
in the verse that unlocked a door of understanding how to pray in faith.
Suddenly I realized I’d been talking to God about the problem instead of
the answer. And I sure didn’t want to believe I received my problems—I already
had them!
Another key to
praying in faith is found in Isaiah 43:26. “Put me in remembrance, let us contend
together; State your case, that you may be acquitted” God wants you to remind
Him of what He’s already said about your need. So pray God’s answer according
to His Word, then believe you receive it by faith. That’s the true prayer of
faith!
CONFESSION:
Father, I put You
in remembrance of Your Word. I thank You because You said that by Jesus’
stripes, I was healed. I know You’re faithful to make Your Word true in my
life, so I believe I receive my healing.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment