Be a Doer of the Word
This Book of
the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and
night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For
then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have good success.
-Joshua 1:8
If you want to
walk in divine health, as God desires, you are to be a doer of the Word. For
one thing, that means meditating on God’s healing promises. As you do, you’ll
find His Word getting so big on the inside that you start acting like a healthy
person!
God told Joshua
the results he could expect for being diligent in His Word. “For then you will
make your way prosperous and then you will have good success.” Did you notice
that it doesn’t say, “For then God will make your way prosperous”? No, it says,
“For you will make your way prosperous.” I’ve also heard it put this way—"Then
you will deal wisely in all the affairs of life.”
God has made
health and success available in every area of your life. Now He says, “I give
you the wisdom and ability to deal wisely in all the affairs of life. But it’s
your choice whether or not you become a doer of My Word and actually receive
what I’ve given you.”
CONFESSION:
I have
planted God’s Word in my heart, and that Word is life to me and health to all
my flesh. Because I meditate on God's Word, I deal wisely in all the affairs of
my life.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment