You can Do Something About the Devil!
Now when
Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him pleading with Him, saying,
“Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.” And Jesus
said to him, “I will come and heal him.”
The
centurion answered and said, “Lord, I am not worthy that You should come under
my roof. But only speak a word, and my servant will be healed.. For I also am a
man under authority, having soldiers under me. -Matthew 8:5-9
There’s a
connection between understanding authority and having great faith. Sometimes a
believer’s faith doesn’t operate because he doesn’t understand his authority in
Christ. Every time he starts to receive something from God, the devil steals it
away, and he doesn’t realize he can do something about it.
So, we must
develop an understanding of the authority God has given us. Authority is not
our own power or strength. The best term to explain authority is “delegated
power.” Jesus delegated authority to His disciples and to the Church. “Verily I
say unto you, Whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and
whatever you shall loose on earth, shall be loosed in heaven. (Matt. 18:18)
Jesus said “Whatever you forbid on earth, heaven will forbid. Whatever you
allow on earth, heaven will allow.”
Jesus is the
Head of the Church. We are His body on this earth with the right to use the
authority vested in His name. The body has the same authority as the Head.
God is waiting
for us to give orders to the enemy so He can legally enforce those decisions.
We are the ones with the authority to do something about the devil. Whatever we
forbid on earth, heaven forbids. Whatever we allow on earth, heaven allows!
CONFESSION:
Jesus has
spoken healing to me through His Word. Now I have authority on earth to keep
the devil from stealing my healing from me. In the name of Jesus, I am healed!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment