Jesus’ Will Is the Father’s Will
Now when
Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him pleading with Him, saying,
“Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, dreadfully tormented.” And Jesus
said to him, “I will come and heal him.” -Matthew 8:5-7
When the
centurion asked Jesus to come heal his servant, Jesus responded “I will.”
Jesus was saying, “My will is to heal him because My will is the Father’s will.
And the Father’s will is to heal everyone who allows Him to. Therefore,
I will come heal him.
Jesus didn’t
know and had never before seen the centurion’s servant. Jesus wasn’t even in
the servant’s presence. But Jesus knew the will of the Father.
Then the
centurion said, “You don’t need to come to my house, Lord; I’m not really
worthy of that. But if You will just speak the word, my servant will be healed.
Jesus commended the centurion for his faith and sent him home. There the
centurion found his servant healed and set free!
Healing the
servant was God’s will. Jesus had probably never seen the centurion or the servant
before; He didn’t know them. But Jesus knew the will of the Father—healing
for all!
CONFESSION:
Like the
centurion, I believe in the power and authority of Jesus’ words. I know God's
will is that I be healed and walk in health. So I ask in faith for my healing,
and I believe I receive my answer.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment