Don’t
Carry the Devil’s Burden
But Christ came as High
Priest of the good things to come; with the greater and more perfect tabernacle
not made with hands, that is, not of this creation. Not with the blood of goats
and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all
having obtained eternal redemption. -Hebrews 9:11,12
Some people think Jesus
came to help us carry our burdens. “Oh, Lord,” they pray, “if You could just
help me bear this disease until the end, I’d sure appreciate it. Maybe if You
carry half, I could carry the other half.”
These people don’t realize
what actually took place in redemption. They may understand that Jesus took
their sins to the Cross and paid the price for their slate to be wiped clean.
They may even realize that God doesn’t want them to take the condemnation for
those sins back on themselves again.
But people need to realize
that Jesus completed a full redemption for them. Not only did He take on
Himself their sin, but their sickness and disease as well.
Just as we have known God
doesn’t want us to live in sin, we ought to know God doesn’t want us to live in
sickness and disease. Jesus paid the price to redeem us from both sin and
sickness. He already carried it all for us. So, He doesn’t want us to carry the
burden of our sicknesses any more than He wants us to carry the burden of our
sins. Sin and sickness are a part of the devil’s kingdom, and we are citizens
of the kingdom of light!
CONFESSISON:
I’ve been redeemed from
the curse of the Law. I refuse to carry the burden of sickness, because Jesus
already bore my sicknesses and carried my pains. By His stripes, I am healed!
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment