Getting Past the Invisible
Wall
Th heart of the prudent acquires
knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15
After God healed me of
allergies, I went through a real struggle the next time I needed healing The
thought came into my mind, Yeah, God is able to heal me, but is He willing?
(I bet you know what that voice in your mind sounds like!)
So when I prayed for
healing the next tine, I said, “Lord, I sure would like You to heal me—if You
really want to.” But I wasn’t healed, and I couldn’t figure out why. I prayed
again, “Lord, here I am! You did it last time; why don’t You do it this time?”
I didn’t understand that I’d
hit an invisible wall because, although I knew God was able to heal, I
still didn’t know He was willing.
Then came the thought, Maybe
God wants me sick for a purpose. I didn’t get that thought from a church or
from a book; it came straight from the
source of doubt and unbelief. That thought came to my mind, and then it took
root. For years, I had trouble getting rid of that wrong way of thinking.
That’s the point most
Christians have come to in their spiritual walk. They know God is able,
but they aren’t sure God is willing.
Your faith will never
operate beyond your knowledge of God’s will. So root out wrong thinking that
isn’t in line with the Word. Seek knowledge in God’s Word until you know it IS
His will to heal everyone. Then believe Him for your healing. Take God
at His Word and expect His promises to come to pass in your life.
CONFESSION:
I’m so glad my Father
wants me well. I root out every thought that would tell me otherwise! God sent
His Word to heal me. And by Jesus’ stripes, I am healed!
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment