Call on
the Lord in Faith
For whoever calls on the
name of the Lord shall be saved. -Romans 10:13
Biblically speaking, the
word saved or salvation means the sum total of all the blessings
bestowed on man by God in Christ through the Holy Spirit. Salvation also
includes healing.
Knowing that, let’s word
this verse another way, “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall also be
healed.”
However, to receive the
blessing of healing, we must believe Romans 10:14 says, “How then shall
they call on him in whom they have not believed?” If we don’t believe the Word,
either we won’t call on God at all, or we won’t call on Him in faith.
Many have endeavored to
call on God without actually believing. There was a time when I was doing a lot
of calling, but I wasn’t doing much believing; therefore, I wasn’t getting any
answers. I prayed for two years without seeing any results. I almost threw away
my sign that said, “Prayer Changes Things”!
Finally, I read Matthew
21:22. “All things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you
shall receive.” I had missed that part about believing!
Also, notice that Jesus
said, “All things, that you shall ask in prayer.” Well, healing is part
of “all things.” Therefore, healing is possible to him who believes.
You must believe to tap
into the source of God’s healing power. You can’t call on Him unless you
believe, and you can’t believe unless you hear. That’s why hearing and healing
go hand in hand.
CONFESSION:
All things are possible
to me because I believe. I believe God sent His word to heal me. I call on the
name of the Lord in faith, and I am healed.
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment