Friday, December 22, 2023

 

Watch Your Attitude Before God

Also, He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and despised others: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men – extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week, I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’” -Luke 18:9-13

I believe Jesus is trying to show us the difference between the two men’s attitude here. The Pharisee arrogantly boasted, “I do this and that and everything else. God, Your blessings belong to me now.” The other man just humbly prayed, “Lord, I don’t deserve anything on my own. Please just be merciful to me.”

It’s true we need to stand up in our righteousness. We are to come boldly before the throne of grace, believe and confess the Word and act in faith. Proverbs 28:1 says, “The righteous are bold as a lion.”

But we shouldn’t come with an arrogant attitude, saying, “God, I’m doing everything You said to do; You owe me.

We need to come and say, “Lord, I’m doing what You said in Your Word. Now I thank You for Your mercy.

God’s mercy, compassion and grace provided everything we have in Jesus Christ, and we must treat His blessings as a gift. Because of God’s grace poured out upon us, we can say, “If we believe and say what His Word says, it will come to pass.” We are to be thankfully receptive, not arrogant about it.

So be bold when you go before God, but always keep a watch on your attitude. Remember, it’s only by God’s grace that you stand!

CONFESSION:

I go boldly before God’s throne to receive my healing. I don’t deserve it on my own. But, praise God, Jesus gave me His own right standing with the Father so I could receive it.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...