Jesus Was Bruised For Us
Yet it
pleased the Lord to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief, when You make His soul
an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days and the
pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand. -Isaiah 53:10
“Yet it pleased
the Lord to bruise Him.” How could it please the Father to bruise Jesus? I’ll
tell you how. It pleased the Father for Jesus to be bruised because it provided
healing and health for His people. Jesus would die, descend into hell and be
resurrected in three days with a new, glorified body, free of all sickness and
pain. From that day forward, God’s people wouldn’t have to suffer sickness,
pain or disease.
Jesus was made
sick, that we might be made well. He went down to hell so you and I could live
eternally with Him. He left heaven so you and I would be welcome there. He left
the throne room of God so we could go there in His name anytime we wanted.
And I tell you
what—Jesus is alive and well and doing fine today! He’s not hurting anymore. He
took all the benefits of redemption, wrapped them up, put a bow and ribbon on
the package, wrote our names on it and said, “Here—pick these up anytime you
need them.”
Jesus was
bruised so you and I wouldn’t have to be. The price has been paid. Healing and
health belong to us.
CONFESSION:
Healing
belongs to me! Jesus’ body was broken so I could walk in divine health. God was
pleased to accomplish His redemption plan, and He’s pleased when I walk in that
plan by faith.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment