Sunday, December 17, 2023

 

Believe God With Your Heart

Let these sayings sink down into your ears. -Luke 9:44

In today’s civilized societies, we’ve spent a great deal of time educating our minds far beyond our spirits. So when we start reading the Bible, our minds often say, “I’ve got this already! I don’t need to study anymore!” Unfortunately, that usually means we’ve grabbed hold of the Word with our minds and not with our hearts.

The only way to believe God's Word with the heart is to spend time feeding on it. You have to get the Word rooted deep in your heart so that its truth becomes more real than the doubts in your mind.

A lot of mental assenters haven’t done that. They aren’t believing anything because they don’t know what to believe. They’ve never taken the time to plant the Word in their hearts.

You can’t believe God with your mind, because your mind always tells you about all kinds of problems. And you certainly can’t believe God with your body because it tells you how bad you feel or how much pain you have. If you try believing God with your mind or your body, your spiritual walk will be up and down like a yo-yo.

But when God’s Word takes root in your heart, you can be strong and believe the Word in the face of big obstacles. Some of the greatest faith victories come when you are believing God with your heart while doubts are being fired at your mind and symptoms are being fired at your body like machine-gun bullets. So plant God’s Word in your heart, believe it and act upon it, and win your victory today!

CONFESSION:

I need the Word of God. It’s life to me and medicine to my flesh. God’s Word was sent to heal me, so I plant it in my heart and let it grow there. I believe and act upon it, and it works in my life!

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...