Was It Profitable That Jesus Went Away?
Nevertheless
I tell you the truth. It is expedient for you that I go away for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto
you: but if I depart, I will send him to you. -John 16:7
Jesus is the
healer, but the Holy Spirit is the means by which Jesus manifests healing to
us.
Jesus said in
John 17:7 that it was expedient or profitable, for us that He should go away.
How could it be profitable for us if it would mean we’d have to live below what
He provided for us? It couldn’t. That’s why Jesus said, “I will pray the
Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you
forever” (John 14:16).
Jesus was
saying, in essence, “There’s only one of Me. But if I go, I'll pour out the Holy
Spirit. He will come into anyone who accepts Me as Lord and Savior, and that
same power will dwell in him.”
Jesus was also
saying, “I’m not taking away healing when I go away. When I send the Holy
Spirit, my healing power in the earth will be multiplied many times over!”
Regardless of
what some people say, healing didn’t stop when Jesus ascended to heaven. It
hasn’t dwindled down to nothing. On the contrary, it has been multiplied
hundreds of thousands of times over! Just ask the countless people living on
this earth today who have been healed by God’s power!
CONFESSION:
The greater One
dwells within me and infills me with His power: Healing is mine because the
Spirit who breathed life back into Jesus’ body also quickens life to my mortal
body!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment