Helping Others Make Contact With God
Confess your
faults one to another and pray one for another that you may be healed. The
effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. -James 5:16
Have you ever
been in a situation where you knew what the Word said, you knew how to believe
God, you were keeping your words in line with the Bible—and still you were
getting nowhere fast?
Those are the
times when you need to get before God and say, “God, I’m missing it. You never
miss it because You can’t change. Let me know where I’m missing it, and I’ll
make the adjustment.”
But sometimes
people get into situations where, for some reason or another they just can’t
seem to make that contact with their answer. In many of these cases, other
believers can go before God’s throne on their behalf and help them make a
connection in the Spirit.
For example,
years ago the daughter of a friend of ours became very ill. Although her
friends and family were doing all they knew to do, she continually grew worse.
She wasn’t making contact with her healing.
Another friend
of ours came home from work one day and told his wife that he sensed a strong
urge to pray for this young lady. The couple prayed about five hours before the
unction to pray lifted off them. They knew they had the answer.
This couple
found out later that the very evening they prayed for the sick young woman, she
suddenly started getting better, until soon she was perfectly normal.
We don’t know why
the young woman was having trouble making contact with her answer for herself.
But God supernaturally moved on another believer to pray and “make tremendous
power available” on her behalf.
CONFESSION:
I am
faithful to pray fervently for others, and God’s power is made available for
their healing. When I don’t know how to pray as I should, the Holy Spirit helps
me pray, making intercession with groanings that cannot be uttered. (Romans
8:26)
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment