God’s Word Works for Me!”
The secret
things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong
to us and to our children forever… -Deuteronomy 29:29
Sometimes God
won’t tell us why a particular individual didn’t get his or her healing. For
instance, one time Janet and I were at a certain church and someone asked us to
pray with a man in the hospital who was very ill. When we went to visit the
man, he was lying in his bed, saying everything right: “By Jesus’ stripes I’m
healed. (Isa. 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24) Himself took my infirmities and bore my
sicknesses. (Matt 8:17.) I won’t die, but I’ll live and declare the works of
the Lord. (Ps. 118:17)”
We prayed for
the man, but when we walked out of the hospital, we looked at each other. We
both knew in our spirits he was going home to be with the Lord. We sensed that
the man was talking right because if he didn’t, his family would be angry at
him but that in his heart he’d seen a glimpse of heaven and wanted to go home.
He was tired of fighting.
In just a short
time, the man went home to be with the Lord.
Some said of this
man’s death, “Well, all this faith stuff doesn’t work. He was believing God.”
Yes, but he was believing God to go home.
So don’t base
your faith walk on what happens in another person’s life. You can’t let someone
else’s experience with faith affect you, because you never know what is in that
person’s heart. Don’t look at another person’s situation and say, “Well, if it
didn’t work for him, it sure will never work for me.” Get your eyes back on the
Lord and say, “Well, I don’t know why it didn’t work for that person, but I know
one person it will always work for—me!”
CONFESSION:
The Bible
says God sent His Word and healed me, and I’m not letting go of that. My faith
is not based on the experience of others but on the Word of God.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment