The Spirit of Faith
They
certainly shall not see the land of which I swore to their fathers, nor shall
any of those who rejected Me see it. But My servant Caleb, because he has a
different spirit in him and has followed Me fully, I will bring into the land
where he went, and his descendants shall inherit it. -Numbers:23-24
God gave the children
of Israel His Word. He told them about the Promised Land and said, “I’ve given
it to you.” When the twelve spies went to check it out, they discovered it was
a land flowing with milk and honey, exactly as He’d said.
But when the
spies came back out, three million and ten of the people said, “We can’t
possess that land.” Only two—Joshua and Caleb—stood up and said, “Yes, we can.
If God said it, we can do it!”
It’s what
Joshua and Caleb believed and said that made the difference. If you continue
reading in the Old Testament, you’ll find that the children of Israel had to wander
in the wilderness for forty years. During those forty years, that entire
unbelieving generation, including the ten spies, all died in the wilderness.
But forty years later, Joshua and Caleb led the next generation of Israelites
into the Promised Land.
But did you
notice they all got what they believed and said? If that spiritual law worked
under the old covenant, it will work under the new.
God said, “But my
servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him and has followed me fully…
What did God mean by “another spirit”? Caleb had the same spirit of faith that
Paul talked about in 2 Corinthians 4:13: “We, having the same spirit of faith,
according as it is written, I believed, and therefore I have spoken; we also
believe, and therefore speak.”
We are a direct
result of what we’ve been believing and saying about ourselves up until this
present moment. Let’s not give an evil report or rebel against the Word of the
Lord. Let’s hook up with God, agree with His Word and walk in the blessings He
has provided!
CONFESSION:
Lord, I
agree with You. I believe, and therefore I say that You sent Your Word and
healed me. You have delivered me from destruction. I’m healed according to Your
Word, which works mightily in me now!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment