Release Your Faith With Your Words
For with the
heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made
unto salvation. -Romans 10:10
The apostle
Paul is saying by the Spirit of God that with the heart you believe the
reality of God’s Word. In other words, when you get a revelation of God’s Word
in your heart, it becomes real to you. God’s Word is alive, quick and powerful,
and feeding on it causes Jesus and the things of God to become real and alive
to you.
But there’s
something else in this verse to understand. Paul is also saying by the Holy
Spirit that with the mouth, confession is made unto the manifestation, or
experience, of God’s Word.
When you
believe the Word, it becomes real. When you say it, it manifests. If you
say it without believing it, it isn’t real to you. If you believe it without
saying it, it isn’t manifested for you. But when you believe and say the
Word, it starts working in your life.
We like it when
God’s Word becomes real in our spirits. But there’s something about having it
actually manifest in our lives that makes it more enjoyable. It’s walking
in good health, it feels good to “feel good”!
Do you want to
experience the manifestation of God’s promises in your life? Then continually
speak His Word with your mouth. That’s how you release your faith. You see, you
can have a heart full of faith, but it won’t do you any good unless you release
it.
It’s like
having a bank account full of money. That money won’t do you any good unless
you spend it. In the same way, after you fill your heart with faith by feeding
on the Word, you have to spend, or release, it by the words you speak. Fill and
spend. That’s how you keep your faith working for you!
CONFESSION:
I feed on
God’s Word, and it becomes real to me. I speak forth God’s Word, and it
manifests in me! The Word inside me produces healing in my body as I release my
faith and proclaim His goodness.
Making A Statement of Fact
Paul, a
bondservant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of
God’s elect and the acknowledgment of the truth which accords with godliness,
in hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began.
-Titus 1:1,2
Someone may
say, “If I say I believe I’m healed when I still feel sick, that’s a lie.”
No, it isn’t.
Number one, it’s calling those things which be not as though they were. (Rom.
4:17.) If that’s lying, then God lies all the time, and He can’t.
Number two, it’s
a statement of fact. If I say, I believe I’m healed, all I’m doing is telling
you what I believe. However, if I say, “No, I have no symptoms in my body,”
when I do have symptoms, that’s a lie. Or if I say, “I have $100 bills
in my pocket,” when I don’t, that’s a lie. But if I say, “I believe I’m healed
by the stripes of Jesus’ back.” I’m making a statement of truth because I do
believe it.
You can believe
anything you want to believe. If you choose to believe what God says above what
the symptoms are telling you, is that a lie? No, that’s truth. When you say, “I
believe I’m healed,” you’re making a statement of fact.
In His prayer
to the Father, Jesus said, “Your word is truth” (John 17:17). Then in
Romans 3:4, Paul says, “Yes, let God be true, but every man a liar.” And
Hebrews 6:18 states that it is impossible for God to lie. So when you choose to
believe what God says, you come in line with the highest form of truth in the
universe—the Word of God, which has been exalted above His name! (Ps. 138:2.)
CONFESSION:
I believe I’m
healed. I believe God’s healing power is working in my body now, driving out
every symptom and making my body completely whole!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment