You Have the Faith To Receive
So Jesus
answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you,
whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea, and does
not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he
will have whatever he says”. -Mark 11:22—23
Here the Lord
Jesus gives us the two basic foundational principles of operating in faith: believing
in the heart and saying with the mouth.
Have you ever
thought that the believing part sounded hard? People say all the time, “Oh,
it’s so hard to believe. I just wish I could believe God.”
One fellow
replied to that comment, “Well, if you can’t believe, you ought to get saved.”
Let me explain what he meant by that.
Ephesians 2:8
tells us how we get saved: “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and
that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.” Then Romans 10:10 says, “With
the heart man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is
made unto salvation.”
So the simple
fact that you are saved proves you have faith. You have already used your faith
to believe God for the biggest miracle in existence—the new birth. When you
were born again, God took out that heart of stone and put in a heart of flesh,
giving you a brand-new spirit.
You used your
faith to receive the gift of salvation. That proves you have the ability to
believe God. Now its just a matter of learning how to point your faith in
another direction to receive God’s other benefits and blessings!
CONFESSION:
By God’s
grace, I believed and received salvation through Jesus Christ. Now I believe
and receive healing just as easily as I received eternal life!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment