What Are You Believing?
…for out of
the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. -Luke 6:45
You can
sometimes find out why a person is struggling in faith just by listening to him
for a few minutes. For instance, people have come up to me after being prayed
for in a healing line and have said, “Well, I still have such and such in my
body. I don’t know why I can’t get rid of it.”
I want to say
to them, “You just told my why you haven’t gotten rid of your condition!” You
see, they believe they can’t get rid of it.
I’ve had other
folks say, “I never get healed. When someone prays for me, I never receive
anything.” These people receive nothing because nothing is exactly what they’re
believing for!
When people
come to receive prayer, they ought to be saying, “I’ve come to get rid of these
symptoms.”
“What do you
have?”
“Well, I don’t
‘have’ anything, but the devil is trying to put symptoms of sickness on me. I’ve
come to get rid of them. You lay hands on me in the name of Jesus, and I’ll
receive my healing!”
Not only can we
locate other people’s faith by their words, but we can also discover what we
really believe as we listen to our own words. When things aren’t working right,
we must listen to what we say.
Our words are
important. If we can get our thinking, our believing and our speaking
straightened out, our lives will get straightened out. It may not happen
instantly, but it will come to pass!
CONFESSION:
I change my
thinking, my believing, and my speaking by feeding on God’s Word. As I think, believe,
and speak God’s truth, His Word changes every area of my life!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment