Friday, August 25, 2023

 

Present Your Body a Living Sacrifice

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service. -Romans 12:1

Paul tells us here to present our bodies as a living sacrifice to God. It’s interesting to note what God says about sacrifices in Malachi 1:7-8,13.

"You offer defiled food on My altar, but say, ‘In what way have we defiled You?’ By saying, the table of the Lord is contemptible, and when you offer the blind as a sacrifice, is it not evil? And when you offer the lame and sick, is it not evil?...

…And you bring the stolen, the lame, and the sick; thus you bring an offering! Should I accept this from your hand?” Says the Lord.

God isn’t saying He gets angry with us when we present our sick, broken, lame bodies as a sacrifice to Him. He’s saying we need to line our bodies up with His Word and believe that Jesus took our infirmities and bore our sicknesses. Then we can present our bodies as a living sacrifice to Him, and He’ll make them whole.

God wants your body presented as a living, wholly acceptable sacrifice, but only He can make it that way. He said in His Word that by Jesus’ stripes, you were healed. Just begin to believe that in your heart, say it with your mouth and act like it’s true. Then you can present your body as a living sacrifice, no matter what it looks like or feels like, and the power of God will make it whole!

CONFESSION:

I present my body to the Lord as a living sacrifice, believing I am healed because Jesus took my sicknesses and carried my pains. The greater One inside me heals this body I offer, so that it is acceptable and pleasing to the Lord.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...