Let God Use You to Heal the Sick
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name…they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." -Mark 16:15,17,18
Jesus listed
several signs that are to follow those who believe in Him. One important sign
is that “they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” This sign is
not just for preachers. It’s for all believers.
Some say, “Well,
I don’t know why God never uses me that way.” I made the mistake of
thinking that one time. I read that Scripture and thought, Boy, I don’t know
why God never uses me to heal anyone. He never works through me through the
laying on of hands to heal the sick.
But then I got
quiet for a minute down on the inside. (You know, if you’ll get quiet, you’ll
receive some answer!) All of a sudden, I heard this: How many people have
you laid hands on recently?
Well, that woke
me up. I started laying hands on people, and guess what? They got healed!
If we’ll just
be obedient to the Word, it will work. We don’t have to wonder why God never
uses us. As we start laying hands on the sick, He will! It’s up to us. It’s our
job. Healing the sick is part of the Gospel, and we’re to take the Gospel into
all the world!
CONFESSION:
I’m a
believer, so I expect signs to follow me according to the Word. When I lay
hands on the sick, they are healed. God’s Word works in me, for me and through
me!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment