Don’t Get Under Condemnation
And
immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O
you of little faith, why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the
wind ceased. -Matthew 14:31,32
Peter was
actually walking on the water. But when he got his eyes off the answer and onto
the problem, he began to sink. However, notice that Jesus didn’t just walk
over, slap him and say, “Swim back to the boat!”
That’s the
impression a lot of people have of God. They think, I missed it; God is
going to get me now. They come under condemnation because they’ve had a
faith failure.
But God doesn’t
want you to feel condemned when you miss it and get out of faith. He’s not condemning
you. His hand is always reaching out to pull you back up on top of the
situation!
Jesus didn’t
put Peter under condemnation. He just asked him, “Why did you doubt? Then Jesus
caught hold of Peter’s hand and helped him stand up on top of the water again.
And I don’t believe Jesus just pulled Peter along back to the boat. I think
they walked back together and had a good discussion about faith on the way!
CONFESSION:
Even when I
miss God’s best, He doesn’t condemn me. He picks me up and helps me on my way.
There is no condemnation for me, because I’m in Christ Jesus and I walk after
the Spirit of God.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment