Don’t Deny the Problem
And not
being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he
was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb.
Did you notice
that Abraham never denied the problem? He just didn’t consider it. He never
said, No, I’m not 100 years old. I’m more like 20 or 25.”
God doesn’t want
us to deny that the problem exists. He doesn’t advocate lying or “mind over
matter.” He’s just saying, “You can look at the problem, but don’t consider it.
Switch over and consider the Word. Don’t deny that the problem is there; just
observe the Word. Keep your eyes on the answer.”
I once
overheard someone say to another person, “Oh, you look sick! You look like you
have a cold.”
The other
person replied, No, I don’t. I’m not sick.”
The first
person said, “Well, your nose is running.”
“No, it isn’t.”
“But you sound
sick.”
“No, I’m not
sick,” the second person insisted. But everyone around him could see he was
sick. This person thought he was in faith, but he was just denying the problem.
God doesn’t
want us to do that. He just wants us to say, “It doesn’t matter what I look
like, feel like or sound like. The only thing that matters is what God says.
God tells me that by Jesus’ stripes I was healed, and I’ve chosen to believe
Him!””
So don’t deny
the problem or try to think it away. Just look at it and say, “Who cares? The
answer is mine—I have God’s Word on it!”
CONFESSION:
I don’t deny
the problems that arise in my life. I just believe God’s Word, which is greater
than any symptoms, circumstances or problems. I am fully persuaded that what
God has promised, He is able to do. (Rom 4:21)
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment