Tuesday, August 15, 2023

 

Believe Without Seeing First

Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. -Mark 11:24

Some people ask, “Is it scriptural to believe you receive before you see or feel anything?” Let’s look at a Bible illustration to find the answer to that question.

Remember, Jesus told the Jews, “Tear this temple down, and I’ll raise it in three days.” (John 2:19.) He told the disciples over and over again, “I’m going, but I’ll be back.” But when He went to the Cross, the disciples thought He was dead and gone for good.

But then Jesus was resurrected, and He appeared to His disciples. Thomas, however, wasn’t present when Jesus came. When Thomas showed up later, the others told him. “Thomas, we’ve seen the Lord.” Thomas replied, “Until I see in his hands the print of the nails and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hands into his side, I will not believe.” (John 20:25)

Thomas, who probably thought he was being spiritual, was saying, “You say you saw Jesus, but I’m not getting caught up in your imaginations. I’m not believing anything until I can see and touch Him.”

A few days later, the disciples were all together, and Jesus apparently came walking in without opening the door. The first thing He did was walk over to Thomas and say, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands, and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving but believing. (John 20:27)

Jesus continued to set His doubting disciple straight: “Thomas, because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are they that have not seen and yet have believed" (John 20:29).

Jesus said the blessed ones are those who believe without seeing first. I want to be on the blessed side of life, don’t you?

CONFESSION:

I’m blessed because I believe the Word of God. The moment I pray for my healing, I believe I receive my healing, and I know it is mine. But even before the manifestation comes, I’m blessed!

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...