Walking In the God-Kind of Love
[Love] does
not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes
all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. -1 Corinthians 13:6-8a
The
Amplified Bible helps us see what it really means to walk in the God-kind of love:
[Love] does not rejoice at
injustice and unrighteousness but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love
bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the
best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it
endures everything [without weakening]. Love never fails [never fades out or
becomes obsolete or comes to an end].
First, this
Scripture says that love “does not rejoice in iniquity.” Love is never glad
when others go the wrong way in life. Or on the other hand, your flesh is glad
when someone else stumbles, because that elevates you in your own mind.
Love is always
glad when truth prevails. It overlooks faults. It’s always slow to expose
faults or sins and is always eager to believe the best. Love will go a long way
to believe the best. It doesn’t look for something wrong but always looks for
the good in every person.
So how do you
measure up to this definition of love? If you find areas where you are lacking
in your love walk, ask the Holy Spirit to help you make the necessary
adjustments. Remember, your faith only works when love is operating in your
life.
CONFESSION:
I walk in
love because I’m a child of a loving God. I don’t rejoice at injustice or
iniquity, but I rejoice in the truth. I believe the best about people and
endure everything without weakening. God’s love in me never fails.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment