Choose Life
I call
heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you
life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore, choose life, that both you and
your descendants may live. - Deuteronomy 30:19
A number of
years ago I heard a certain minister say, “The person who shuts his spirit away
cripples himself in life and becomes an easy prey to selfish and designing
people. But the individual who learns to be led by the Spirit of God will rise
to the top in life.”
Something rose
up on the inside of me when I heard that, and I thought, Well, now I know it’s
my choice!
You see, God
doesn’t just choose who will be successful in life. He is no respecter of
persons. He doesn’t have favorites. He doesn’t pick some to receive His
blessings and others to miss out. He isn’t in a good mood on some days, and a
bad mood on other days. He doesn’t look at one person and say, “I like you. You
get everything I’ve got” and then look at someone else and say, “I don’t know
what it is about you. You just bug me. You just rub my fur backwards. You don’t
get anything.” No! God has no favorites. He loves everyone equally.
It is up to us
whether or not we rise to the top in life. We are free moral agents. We can
live mediocre lives, scraping the bottom of the barrel, or we can rise to the
top.
Through His
death, burial and resurrection, Jesus purchased for us “all things that pertain
unto life and godliness” (2 Peter 1:3). The work is already done, it’s already
purchased and paid for. The benefits belong to us, but we have to choose to
partake of them.
Will you walk
in the blessings of God? The choice is yours. So follow God’s counsel in
Deuteronomy 30:19: “Therefore choose life.”
CONFESSION
I choose,
life, blessing, healing and health. I choose to believe the Word of God and
rise to the top in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment