Take
a Stand
Now a
certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years… she came behind Him in the
crowd and touched His garment. -Mark 5:25,27
The more you consider
this woman with the issue of blood, the more you understand that she had to be
stubborn. Under the Jewish law, she was considered unclean. When a woman with
an issue of blood came out in public, she risked being stoned.
As if that weren’t bad
enough, notice whom Jesus was walking with at the time: “And behold, there came
one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name" (v. 22).
Jesus was on His way to Jairus’ house to heal
his daughter when He perceived that power had flowed out of Him and stopped to
find out who had touched Him. As a ruler of the synagogue, Jairus had authority
to have this woman stoned.
This woman had to be
tenacious, stubborn, resistant to flow. She had to overcome her fear and go
against religious leaders.
You know, some ministers
say, “Well, you just can’t be healed. God doesn’t do that anymore.” When that
happens, people have to override what those ministers are saying about healing
in order to receive their healing.
This woman had to
overcome unbelief, fear and weakness. She had to decide that no matter what
came against her, she was going to receive her healing.
We have to get to that
same point and make the same decision: “I don’t care what anyone says. I don’t
care what it looks like, seems like, or feels like. I’m taking a stand on God's
Word, and that’s all there is to it!"
CONFESSION:
I will not be moved by
circumstances or by what others say about my situation. I am moved only by what
God’s Word says. No sickness is too hard for my Father to heal. I receive my
healing today!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment