June 22
The Touch of Faith
Now a
certain woman had a flow of blood for twelve years and had suffered many things
from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but
rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd
and touched His garment. For she said, “If only I may touch His clothes, I
shall be made well." Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she
felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction. -Mark 5:25-29
Jesus was
walking through the crowd. Everyone in the crowd was pushing toward Him, but no
one was being healed. No miracles were occurring, and no power was flowing out
of Him.
Suddenly
Jesus felt power surge out of Him. (v. 30.) He stopped and said, “Who touched My clothes?” His disciples replied, “Everyone
is touching You!” But Jesus recognized a different touch. It wasn’t the
physical touch He sensed; it was the touch of faith.
Why was this
woman the only one in the crowd who was healed? Jesus answered the question in
verse 34: “And he said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you whole, go in
peace, and be whole of your plague.”
The rest of
the crowd had come wondering what was going to happen and thinking, Well, I’ll
give this Jesus fellow a try. But this woman had come in faith; she had known
what would happen when she touched the hem of Jesus’ garment. She had come
believing and expecting—and, therefore, she received!
CONFESSION:
I am
thoroughly convinced that I can touch Jesus with my faith just as the woman
with the issue of blood did. My faith draws that same healing power out of Him
and healing is what I receive!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment