Call On the Mercy of God
Then one of
the crowd answered and said, “Teacher, I brought You my son who has a mute
spirit. And wherever it seizes him, it throws him down; he foams at the mouth,
gnashes his teeth, and becomes rigid. So I spoke to Your disciples, that they
should cast it out, but they could not."
“And often
he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if
You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” -Mark 9:17,18,22
In this
Scripture passage, a man brought his son to Jesus’ disciples and asked them to
deliver his son from the seizures he was experiencing. The father said to
Jesus, “An evil spirit is causing my son’s condition. I asked Your disciples to
cast it out, but they couldn’t.”
Then the
disciples brought the boy to Jesus, and the man said, “If You can do anything,
have compassion on us and help us.”
The man called
on the compassion, or the mercy, of God. When you call on the mercy of God, you
are calling on His very nature. He is the God of mercy. He is the God of
compassion.
In Matthew
20:30, two blind men called on Jesus. They cried out, "Have mercy on us, O
Lord, son of David.” The disciples and the people in the crowd tried to quiet
them down, but they kept crying, “Have mercy on us. O Lord, son of David.”
Jesus didn’t
say, Do you want your sight?” He didn’t say, Do you want your healing?” He just
asked, “What would you have Me do?” You see, the blind men in Matthew 20 and
the father in Mark 9 called on Gods nature. So Jesus responded, “I’m at your
disposal. You called on the nature of God. Whatever you need, want or desire is
yours because you’ve called on His nature to receive your answer. I’m here to
meet your needs.” And the blind men received their sight!
CONFESSION:
My God is
full of mercy and compassion. His nature is to give life, to save, to heal, to
help, to deliver. I call on His compassion and mercy and by faith receive the
healing He has provided for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment