Bring Them to Jesus
Then they
came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four men. And when they
could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was.
So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic
was lying. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your
sins are forgiven you.” -Mark 2:3-5
You can see in
this passage of Scripture one of the differences between faith and hope. Four
men carried this man to where Jesus was. But the building was so full that they
couldn’t get him in.
Now, hope would
have said, “Well, we tried, but we couldn’t get our friend to Jesus. We might
as well go home.” Hope will go just so far and quit. It says, “Well, I tried
that faith business, but it didn’t work.” Then it will give up and throw in the
towel.
But faith won’t
quit! It has tenacity. It says, “Let’s go up on the roof. We aren’t quitting
now!”
Faith digs its
heels in and says, “I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is
able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day” (2 Tim.
1:12). It says, “I’m not moving! I know what the Word says. I know healing
belongs to me, and I’m not going without it! I believe the Word of God. Who
cares what I feel like?”
So the four men
took the roof apart, probably making a big hole in it. Then they lowered the
man into the room right in front of Jesus. Jesus had been teaching for some
time and hadn’t yet seen a spark of faith. But now He was seeing faith come
through the roof! And when Jesus saw the men’s faith, their friend was healed!
No one likes
tests and trials, but that’s the atmosphere in which faith thrives. In the
midst of a trial, faith has to flex its muscles and grow. Our heads may give us
trouble during those hard times. But if we’re really in faith, we won’t quit!
CONFESSION:
Jesus bought
and paid for my healing, and I have it by faith. I persistently walk by faith
regardless of my feelings or circumstances. In Jesus’ name, I am healed!
No comments:
Post a Comment