Be a Person of Your Word
Out of the
abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. -Matthew 12:34
You cannot
separate yourself from your word, for you are only as good as your word.
I heard one
minister say, “Sometimes a person’s faith doesn’t work because his word is not
good.” After hearing this probably 100 times, I finally realized that if our
word isn’t any good, our faith will never work.
Sometimes
people aren’t used to believing their own words. If they don’t believe their
words in certain natural areas of their lives, they’ll have a hard time
believing their words when they’re standing in faith for something.
Faith is
believing that what you say according to the Word will come to pass.
Mark 11:23 says, “For surely I say to you, that whosoever will say to
this mountain, Be removed, and be cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but will believe that those
things which he says will come to pass, he will have whatsoever he says."
If you are going
to be a person of faith whose faith works, you have to be a person of your
word. Stick to your word. Keep your word. Honor your word. Watch over your
word.
As you do, people
may start talking about you, saying, “Boy, I’m telling you, if that person says
something, you can just count on its coming to pass. You can count on him to
back up his word.” When you gain a reputation like that, your faith will
skyrocket!
CONFESSION:
My words create
God’s realities in my life. I watch my words carefully and speak only truth and
life. As I walk in faith according to God’s Word, I shall have whatever I say.
So right now I say, “By Jesus’ stripes, I am healed!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment