We’re
Already Delivered!
He has delivered us from
the power of darkness and conveyed us into the
kingdom of the Son of His love -Colossians 1:13
When Jesus redeemed us, He
delivered us from the power of darkness. That means every Christian is already
delivered. But Christians still run around trying to get delivered all the
time.
For instance, one evening a
lady came over to me in a meeting and said, “I need to be delivered.”
I replied, “Ma’am you came
to the right place. I have good news for you!” Her eyes lit up. Then I asked,
“Do you have a Bible?”
She gave me a wary look and
said, “Yes.”
I told her to open to
Colossians 1:13 and read it, which she did: “Who hath delivered us from the
power of darkness and has translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.”
I instructed the woman to
read the first part again several times: “Who has delivered us from the power
of darkness…” I could tell she was getting angry with me. Then I said, “Well,
did Jesus deliver us from the power of darkness, or did He not? Either the
Bible is true, or it isn’t.”
She replied, “I know the
Bible says that, but you’re not getting rid of me that easy! I want some help,
and I want something that works.”
I said, “Ma’am, you’ll
never find anything that works any better than that,”
Christians who are running
around trying to get delivered ought to read the Bible. If they would, they’d
realize He already delivered them from the power of darkness.
When we start praising and
thanking God for delivering us, there isn’t a devil in hell that can stay
around us. The first words out of our mouths when we get up in the morning
should be, “Thank God, I’m delivered! Oh, it’s so good to be free!” If we would
do that, we’d be amazed at how quickly we’d begin to walk in our freedom!
CONFESSION:
My God has delivered me
from the power of darkness. Sickness and pain have no control over me, because
Jesus took my sickness and carried my pain. Thank God, I’m free!
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment