The Rest of Faith
For indeed the gospel was preached
to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. -Hebrews 4:2-3
See if this sounds familiar: You’re
facing a situation where everything looks bad, sounds bad and feels bad. There
seems to be no way out. But for some reason, you can’t work up a good worry
about it! People ask you, “Don’t you know how serious this is? But you walk
around with this silly grin on your face, saying, “I just can’t seem to get
concerned. Everything will be all right.”
“How do you know it’s going to be all
right?” they ask.
“I just know.”
That’s called the rest of faith.
Everything looks bad on the outside. But on the inside, you sense only a
velvety, peaceful rest.
Hebrews 4:3 talks about the rest of
faith: “We which have believed do enter into rest.” Now, God isn’t talking here
about physical or mental rest. Your mind will probably give you fits when you
face a bad situation. But when you enter the rest of faith, a quiet peace
prevails deep down inside.
Now consider the second scenario:
You’re in a situation that looks bad, sounds bad and feels bad, and you’re
endeavoring to believe God. You pray, “Oh, God, this better work!” You scrunch
up your face in your intense effort and say, “God, I’m trying to believe, but
if You don’t come through, I’m sunk!”
That is definitely not the rest
of faith! Well, what’s the difference between the first and second responses to
a bad situation? The difference is in what you believe.
So if you need healing in your body
but you haven’t yet entered into rest, make the necessary adjustment. Start
feeding on healing Scriptures and build up your faith. Then, no matter what the
situation looks like in the natural, you can peacefully rest in God.
CONFESSION:
I believe God and His Word, so I
enter into rest. I am confident that I am healed, for I know my God has already
won my victory.
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment