Let Patience Have Her Perfect Work
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing
that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its
perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. -James
1:2-4
Notice
in verse 4 that James didn’t say, “Let those tests and trials
have their perfect work.” He said, “Let patience have its perfect work…”
You
see, tests and trials don’t perfect you. It is what you do with them that
counts. You are not perfected because a bunch of problems come along. You are
perfected because you stick with the Word of God in the midst of those problems
and patiently endure. That’s when patience has its perfect work.
Patience
is consistent endurance. When you walk in patience, you remain consistent all
the way through situations, no matter what comes along. You aren’t up and down
like a yo-yo. You base everything on God’s Word. You don’t get up in the
morning and ask yourself how you are. You get up in the morning, open your
Bible and tell yourself how you are according to the Word!
I’ve
seen people grow in their spiritual walks as a result of using their faith
against tests and trials. I’ve seen other people go under when they faced the
same tests and trials. It’s what people do with their problems that makes the
difference.
Faith
thrives in the midst of a trial. That doesn’t mean we enjoy the trial. But when
it comes our way, we don’t shrink away from it either! We stand on God’s Word
and say, “Thank God, I know and trust the One whom I have believed!” Even when
the going gets tough, we just dig our heels in and say, “I don’t care what it
looks like, seems like, sounds like or feels like. I believe what the Word of
God says!
CONFESSION:
My faith thrives in the midst of a trial. When symptoms come, I tell my
body, “You’re healed because Jesus bore your sickness!” I’m not the sick trying
to get healed. I am the healed and in Jesus’ name the symptoms have to leave!
From: A
Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment