Monday, April 3, 2023

 

His Death for Our Life

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. -John 3:16

What is the Atonement? It is the redemptive work Jesus accomplished when He went to the Cross as  our substitute and paid the price for our sins with His blood. He was also chastised for our peace and broken in His body for our physical healing. (Isaiah 53:5.)

The Atonement is the most basic of all Christian trusts—the very essence of what we believe. It isn’t’ complicated theology or church doctrine. Atonement is His death for our life.

If you don’t understand and believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for your sins and was raised again from the dead so you could be born again, His death won’t do you any good. Likewise, if you don’t understand and believe that Jesus bore stripes on His back for your physical healing, His broken body won’t do you any good.

It all boils down to what you understand. Faith can’t operate where the will of God isn’t known; neither can the will of God be known about a subject of which you have no knowledge. The only part of the Atonement that will work for you is the part you understand and believe.

CONFESSION:

I believe that Jesus Christ shed His blood for my sins. I believe He bore stripes for my physical healing. By faith I take full advantage of the benefits He paid for.

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...