Monday, April 24, 2023

 

God Limits Himself to His Word

I will worship toward Your holy temple, and praise Your name for Your loving kindness and your truth; for you have magnified Your word above all Your name. -Psalm 138:2

I’ve heard people say, “God is sovereign. He can make you sick if He wants to.” But God gave us His Word, which says He is our healer, and promised He’d never go outside its boundaries.

I’ve heard other people say, “I know what His Word says, but God is still God and He can do anything He wants.” In other words, they’re saying, “God’s Word is one thing, but He is God. He has a title, and that title enables Him to do anything He wants.”

But the Word says, “You have magnified Your word above all Your name.” God is the sovereign God of the universe, but He has elevated His Word above His name. He has limited Himself within the boundaries of His Word.

God is saying He can sovereignly manifest anything promised in His Word through signs, wonders, miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit. But He cannot sovereignly steal, kill and destroy. That’s the work of the devil. (John 10:10.) But by the decree of His own Word, God is a merciful, loving Father who has only good gifts to give. (James 1:17.)

CONFESSION:

My God is my Healer; and He has magnified His Word above His own holy name. So according to that Word, I believe I receive my healing now!

From: A Devotional for Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jesus Still Heals Today

  In my book, Mystery of the Keys of the Kingdom, I mention the miracles I witnessed first hand. I truly believe when you expect a miracle ...