Two
Sides of the Atonement
Bless the Lord, O my
soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul
and forget not all his benefits; who forgives all my iniquities; who heals all
my diseases. -Psalm 103:1-3
This scripture tells us, “Forget
not all his benefits.” What are God’s benefits? He forgives all our iniquities
and heals all our diseases. Now, verse three lists these two benefits in the same
breath, so to speak, meaning that Jesus provided both when He died on the Cross
and was raised from the dead.
Forgiveness of sins and
healing go hand in hand: Jesus shed His blood for the remission of sins, and
His body was broken for us so we could enjoy physical healing and health. He
provided both benefits at once, and there’s no place in the Bible that tells us
to separate these two sides of the Atonement. Healing belongs to us as much as
salvation does.
CONFESSION:
When I received Jesus as
Savior; healing came in my “benefits package” as well. I don’t have to be sick.
My healer bore my sicknesses and pains so I wouldn’t have to bear them. By His
stripes, I am healed.
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment