Keep
Your Mouth Out of Trouble
Then they journeyed from
Mount Hor by the Way of the Red Sea, to go around the land of Edom; and the
soul of the people became very discouraged on the way. And the people spoke
against God and against Moses: “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die
in the wilderness? For there is no food and no water, and our soul loathes this
worthless bread.” -Numbers 21:4-5
“And the people spoke.. ” When
the Israelites got discouraged, the first thing they did was speak. And if you’ll
continue reading this chapter in Numbers you’ll notice what happened when they
opened their mouths: They got into trouble with their muttering and
complaining!
When some people are
discouraged, the first One they want to accuse is God. “Oh, God, why did You
get me in all this trouble? Why did this disease come on me? God, this is all
your fault. I know I could never get into a mess like this all by myself.”
Others get mad at God and
preachers when things don’t seem to work out right. That’s what happened in the
wilderness: “The people spoke against God, and against Moses.” (v.5). The
people came against the two men who had delivered them, saying, “Why have you
brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness?”
The Israelites had been led
by a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day. God had protected them every
step of the way. Yet still they were discouraged! They complained, “We’re going
to die out here because we don’t have any bread or water.” They seemed to
forget that God had already given them fresh food from heaven and water out of
a rock! Then they admitted the real problem: “Our soul loathes this worthless
bread.” They just didn’t like the kind of bread God gave them!
If you need healing in your
body, then no matter how long it takes for your healing to manifest, don’t let
discouragement get you into trouble. Keep your mouth from complaining or
blaming God. Remember, He’s already provided healing for you. Now there’s
nothing left for your mouth to do but praise Him!
CONFESSION:
I want to please my
Father; so I carefully watch the words I speak. Even when I face a trying
situation, I’ll never blame Him, for He’s the One who heals and delivers me!
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment