Take a
Daily Dose of God’s Word
For they [God’s words] are
life to those who find them and health to all their flesh. -Proverbs 4:22
One day Janet and I were
talking to a man who was badly in need of healing in his physical body. We
advised him, “Feed on the Word daily. Take your daily dose of God’s medicine.
If you’d take God’s Word as faithfully as you take other medicines, we
guarantee you that there isn’t a sickness or disease that can stay in your
body. God’s Word is medicine to all your flesh.”
The man replied, “Oh, I’ve
been studying the Bible every day. I’ve been doing a thorough study on the book
of Revelation.”
But the man needed to
understand that every seed produces after its own kind. In other words, he
needed healing in his body, so the best thing for him to study was healing.
Thank God for the book of
Revelation. It will get you ready to go on to heaven. But if you’re sick, right
now you need to know how to live in victory over sickness on this earth. So if
you need healing in your body, feed on healing Scriptures. Whatever you feed on
is what you will have faith for.
And realize that even if
you fed on healing Scriptures last week, last month or last year, that Word
gave you faith for your answer then. However, that doesn’t mean you will have
strong faith for the answer you need today. Faith comes by hearing the
Word on a daily basis.
“Well, Brother, I’ve heard
that before,” I hear people sometimes say. When people say that, you can tell
that their faith isn’t working.
You see, it isn’t what you have
heard, it’s what you are hearing that counts. Even if you heard
healing taught a week or a month ago, a lot of unbelief may have been pumped
into your spirit through your ears since then. That’s why what you are hearing
now is what counts.
So what are you listening
to these days? A good dose of God’s Word or a lot of doubt and unbelief? The
answer to that question makes all the difference to your receiving healing.
CONFESSION:
When I need healing, I
go to God’s Word and build healing Scriptures into my spirit. My body is healed
as the Word becomes life to me.
From: A Devotional for
Divine Health Prescription for a Miracle, Mark Brazee, 1999
No comments:
Post a Comment